Thursday 29 August 2013

Day 234 - Curry

 

25th August 2013

Love cooking with my Mum. I remember helping her a lot as a young person with, to my mind, massive Supercook recipe books. I loved those books, remember sitting and looking through them to find what I'd like to make next - generally baking rather than cooking.

All the kids help mum with her cooking, Joe less now. Ruthie and Susie love getting involved, whether putting chopped things into a bowl or sampling those chopped things, just to check they're ok. Susie was so keen to get involved in chopping cucumber recently that we had to give her a knife, one that would have trouble cutting through butter I might add, so she could get on with the job.

Imagine it was rather strange for mum this time to be able to give me any job she needed doing, rather than considering how dangerous or difficult it might be. I'm a big girl now.

We were making Lemon and Coriander chicken, with cumin cauliflower and potatoes - BEAUTIFUL. I absolutely adore this meal, it's one where the sauce is so amazing I'd happily have it as soup with a whole load of chapatis. Mmmm. They're Madhaur Jaffrey recipes, in a book that's been in our house for as long as I can remember. I've managed to find them online for you, I suggest you try them. Lemon and Coriander Chicken and Cauliflower and Potato Curry (it's the second one down).

We had to top up the supplies of roasted ground cumin, which is brilliant, as it means the kitchen gets filled with that wonderful scent twice over, once from roasting and once from being ground up. Amazing. Love cumin.

 

Make this. Eat this. I'm already jealous of you.

Stephie

Xxx

 

Posted with BlogsyPosted with Blogsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I go next?