Tuesday 20 August 2013

Day 186 - Robin Sparkles


7th July 2013

Seeing as how I am leaving, we decided to have a party to celebrate. Seeing as how I'm going to Canada, it's Canada themed. Seeing as how I spent my first few weeks at the flat watching How I Met Your Mother on any day off I could get, there was no doubt in my mind that I would be going as anyone other than Robin Sparkles.

I'd bought myself a denim waistcoat, some fabric pens, and some sparkles. I loved every second of making this, I wish I'd taken more photos but I was just of wrapped up in what I was doing. Don't you just love that? When you're doing something that involves just enough brain power that it's not dull, but not so much that you can't enjoy some music in the background or and episode of something or some chatter with housemates.

I found the logo online and traced it lightly, then through some trickery (dragging a pen through the lines on the paper) got it outlined in the jacket. Then coloured in. I'd have liked it to have been brighter and clear, but finding fabric pens or paints turned out surprisingly expensive and difficult. But this did the job ok, brightened up slightly with some gel pens.

Logo done, it was time to sparkle it up. I had bought myself a couple of packs of sparkly things, thinking they were iron on. They weren't. They needed to be glued on - sigh. Luckily for me, I am prepared for most artistic emergencies, and had glitter glue on hand. This was an even more relaxing part, I could sit and glue and chat and watch and be happy. This was going to get a whole lot more sparkly before I was done.

Stephie

Xxx
Posted with BlogsyPosted with Blogsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I go next?