Sunday 18 August 2013

Day 178 - Simpsons


28th June 2013

Tonight was supposed to be Mystery Movie Night, and we were supposed to be watching The Artist. Except, we arrived...Nichola had decanted some wine (frickin tannins...) and we all kinda decided that what we actually wanted to watch was The Simpsons.

I remember The Simpsons being something we watched every day without fail, the double bill on Sky One was a given. Then they got boring. So we stopped. Entirely.

Moment.

Then occasionally I'd see one and remember how absolutely brilliant it was, so when it was floated as an idea it was one I could not help but give my full and strongest backing to. It was a brilliant decision. As much as I loved The Artist and was looking forward to watching it again, once the idea of "Mono...DOH!" was planted in my head I was no longer in the mood.

I hope this makes you remember how much you love this show and go and dig out your old videos and laugh heartily at the brilliance of the jokes you had entirely forgotten about.

"Call that a knife...THIS is a knife!"
"That's not a knife, that's a spoon."
"Alright alright you win...I see you've played knifey-spoony before."

Genius.

Stephie

Xxx
Posted with BlogsyPosted with Blogsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I go next?