Tuesday 20 August 2013

Day 184 - Life Hack


5th July 2013

I'm sure you have all seen these posts around the web, a page of images with captions showing you these amazing things you never would have thought of but look life changing? Things that make you think "Of course! Why didn't I think of that before?! I'm a fool! A damned fool!"

This is one of them. I came back to Pogles ready for a joint birthday party for Joe and Susie and had dinner with mum, dad being out partying as per usual. We had strawberries for pudding, and mum asked me to go and grab the strawberry huller from the kitchen. Instead I blew her mind. 

Few things amaze me. Well, actually, that's a lie. Most things amaze me, I'm fairly easily amazed as far as human beings go. It's a gift. But this absolutely won me over. The strawberries do have to be fairly ripe for it to work with utmost efficiency, but all the better really.

I've recently started using the other fruit based hack, frozen grapes as ice in wine, to a great deal of satisfaction all round. I got a lot of white wine from parents at the end of the year. Whilst I'm not entirely averse to it, I'm not as much a fan as I am of red. Naomi and I remedied this by drinking a lot of spritzers, and the first week or two of the summer holidays necessitated a lot of ice which we didn't have. Helllooooooooo life hack.

Anyone out there got a favourite life hack they want to share?

Stephie

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I go next?