Monday 29 April 2013

Day 114 - Book People


24th April 2013

Damn you Book People. Those of you who work in schools or offices probably feel the same way. For those of you who haven't come across it, they bring in a box of books for you to peruse, leave them in the staff room with a little order form, someone comes back about a week later and drops off any books you've ordered. They're always really cheap and this is my downfall.

Sometimes it's really useful, I've bought presents for the kids from this a few times - it means I have more money to spend on fun stuff to make sure I maintain my position as ultra cool Auntie.

The problem I have with it is that they always have recipe books, which is a stroke of pure genius. If I'm in the staff room I'm either eating lunch or having a cup of tea and wishing I had some sort of cake. When there is a recipe book in there I would have to be a robot not to look through it, and you try resisting when the things all look so delicious and it's a fiver.

So this is probably about the 5th baking or cookbook I've bought since I started working at my school, and I rarely look at them again.

I'm hoping to change this, starting next week. It's my birthday on the 3rd May, and like most places there is that rule that you bring in cakes on your birthday. Where's the justice, eh? After the success of the cupcake maker I'm going to have a look through and find something pretty to make and take in rather than go for the bog standard box of mini rolls I usually go for. Wish me luck.

As for the earrings...they just happened to be on the book and they're my favourite at the moment. No reason they're in there. Aren't they pretty?

Stephie

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I go next?