Friday 19 April 2013

Day 109 - Banoffee Pie


19th April 2013

Have I posted previously about Banoffee Pie? I feel like I have, but can't spot a post. I wouldn't be shocked, it's something pretty close to my heart.

No, I did not make it. Ha. Yesterday I had something delicious pie and mash for dinner, and picked this up for pudding whilst grabbing peas because I could not resist. Tom was partaking of the dinner as well, so my theory was that it would be rude to offer dinner and not provide pudding. 

There was a little of both leftover for my dinner today, and I was so excited about it I had it almost as soon as I got back home. 

I didn't go for Banoffee Pie for a long long time. I think I thought it was coffee as opposed to toffee and, whilst I love coffee, I'm not a fan a coffee flavoured things. Alison (not Ally) was the one who really brought it to my attention I think, and for that I will forever be in her debt. It's turned into something of a staple when I see the girls back home. If we can get Banoffee Pie, chances are we will. My first New Year in London they came to see me and I bought two, just to be on the safe side. 

You want to get in my good books quickly? Get some some of this. Or Crème Brûlée. This is the only entirely non chocolate pudding I will choose over a chocolatey pudding. Which is saying something, truly.

Stephie

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I go next?