Sunday 14 April 2013

Day 102 - Bobby pins


12th April 2013

I have bought more of these than possibly anything else ever. Aside from maybe eyebrow tweezers, I've lost a hell of a lot of them.

These just disappear. I sometimes manage to keep hold of 3 or 4 for awhile, but then they too will inevitably magic themselves away to the depths of nowhere.

They leap from your hair into coats and jumpers, you forget they are in until you feel it in the shower and then have to either drop it into the unknown over the curtain or put in down on the side in the shower. From there it will either be entirely forgotten about, or suffer the dreadful plughole fate.

I put them somewhere safe and then they disappear from that exact spot seconds later. I'm determined this time that they will stay put. This is the closest I could find to a box at this moment in time, but soon I shall get into town and find something specific, with a lid. I will put them back in here when I am finished, I will put new ones I find in here. They will no longer elude me when I need them most.

I'm watching you Bobby Pins. Like a hawk.

Steph

No -ie or kisses for you. This is war my weird brown wibbly little friends. War.

1 comment:

Where shall I go next?