Thursday 21 March 2013

Day 80 - Guitar


21st March 2013

"Did you say keytar? Or did you just pronounce guitar like a hillbilly."

Couldn't not.

I have been really really wanting to play my saxophone of late, but since my immune system apparently is on strike I haven't felt like I have the energy, lung capacity-wise. Sigh.

So, today I got home and felt like having a play of something, and that something was going to be some guitar and ukulele.

I got my beautiful guitar for my 16th birthday, and I love it. I taught myself by finding songs that I wanted to know how to play and went from there, and that's pretty much how I continue now. Like singing, my guitar playing is pretty much just for me. I find songs I like and can play, and will play along with them and sing loudly in my room. Today's main feature was I Still Believe by Frank Turner. You may recognise it from the Opening Ceremony - that's where I heard and fell in love with it!

After realising my nails were too long to play properly (for all who have known me from childhood - I KNOW RIGHT?!) I had to have a quick clip, which was a little sad but the guitar is so much more worth it. Sigh.

I had a little go on my uke, another instrument I'm teaching myself by finding songs to play. I love Take Your Love With Me by Sophie Madeleine, as well as just her in general. She has provided most of my learning material since I properly picked up the uke, you should check her out. I'm a little bit in love with her, though there are songs I simply cannot listen to anymore which makes me quite quite sad.

I could go on more about the ukulele, but as the picture is of the guitar I shall save this for another day.

Goodnight lovelies,

Stephie

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I go next?