Saturday 26 January 2013

Day 25 - Ready Brek


January 25th 2013

"This week, I have been mostly eating...porridge"

It's that time of the month. The part where there's no money and payday feels infinitely far away, even though in reality it's mere hours. The time where you stop buying food and instead start getting out the stuff you got for when you were poor, only to decide you don't want that, you want breakfast foods.

So I've been making headway into the Ready Brek I bought awhile ago in a fit of nostalgia and ate a bowl of before getting bored and forgetting about it. It's not been bad. Not great. Yesterday's curry at Zuzi's certainly didn't help with today's meal.

I felt tonight it might be slightly (sliiiightly) more appropriate, it being Burns Night and my half Scottish genes. It might have just been pouring milk on some oats and whacking it in the microwave for 3 minutes, and my spoon was definitely no spurtle, but it was enjoyable. There was no address to my porridge, unless gasps of pain from prematurely grabbing the cooling bowl count as an address. 

I don't think it does.

Stephie

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I go next?