Wednesday 23 January 2013

Day 23 - Tired



23rd January 2013

I was feeling incredibly uninspired today. Nothing really happened, it was a standard day. I had to bake a load of gingerbread men for work, but I've subjected you to gingerbread already so that was out the window. I walked into my room, preparing myself to post you the picture of my toes I'm sure you're all eagerly waiting for. Then I saw my bed, and it called to me. 

Man alive, today I am tired. Is it just me, or is everyone feeling like this week is dragging its heels? I can't believe tomorrow will still only be Thursday, I'm looking forward to a long sleep in a big way. Maybe it's because its payday on Saturday, and life always slows right before then...I am definitely ready to have some money again, and the best way to celebrate that fact is with sleep.

I love sleep. I know everyone does, but I can really lie in like a pro if I am able to. My room in the flat has a blackout blind that I never close during the week - I'd never wake up properly otherwise. It's a weekend treat, to sleep as long as I want with the blackout blind blocking out any evidence of the so-called 'sun'.

Sleep will always win. I rarely have morning showers, as I know when I wake up and am faced with the choice between staying in bed 10 minutes longer or go and be cold and have to dry my hair. Effort. I have always prided myself on getting up when I needed to though; I wasn't a teenager Mum and Dad had to steal the duvet from on school mornings. I'd hate the fact I had to get up, but the option is being late and boy oh boy do I ever hate being late.

So now it's time for me to sink myself into those lovely pillows you see in the photo today. I'm quite excited.

Fais de beaux rêves!

Stephie 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I go next?