Thursday 10 January 2013

Day 10 - Meditation

January 10th 2013

About a week or so ago I was in town with the flatmates and we spotted a sign for free yoga. It was about to be a New Year, what better time to start some yoga eh? Particularly free yoga! It was at the town hall, not a dusty old cellar, so it seemed like it might be some fun and we probably wouldn't be murdered for our hides.

Got home, read a little into it, and discovered it was called yoga but was actually meditation. Whatevs man, we're hip to the beat and down with the kids, we could do some meditation. It was every Thursday, I'm sure I wasn't the only one with visions of a weekly decompression session.

We headed over today. It wasn't far, but I drove because it is freezing. First fun was had when the road was closed and we had to go all around the world for the diversion, then the parking was all weird. Those who know me well know that I don't cope well with being late anywhere, and we were parking 2 minutes after it started. I reasoned that maybe this meditation would be more needed than imagined. This was the lovely room we were in, I greatly enjoyed the light fittings.

I'm not going to go into too much detail about why this completely did not work for the three of us going as this is the belief system of a number of people and I don't want to be rude. Live and let live and all. It was just not at all relaxing, and perhaps edging into the stressful zone. Particularly when we were trapped in a workshop situation and Samantha had to tie knots of energy over my head, or something.

I will not be returning. But I've tried something new and that can only be a good thing, surely? We shall see.

Stephie

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I go next?