Wednesday 20 February 2013

Day 49 - Nephew


18th February 2013

Very serious is Joe. Not to say he doesn't laugh and joke and play, he tells some brilliant jokes and hearing him laugh when I tickle him is music to my ears. But Joe is very interested in how things work and why they work, and is often asking me questions that I just don't know the answer to.

JoJo has always been this way. When he was about two...if not younger...he could say "International Space Station" that it was in "orbit" and that orbit meant "it goes round and round". He now devours books and encyclopaedias, and has been known to fall asleep, glasses askew, with an A-Level Chemistry revision book open on his chest.

At lunch on Sunday he decided we should have a quiz, and came out with this blinder of a question "Which element is in group 2, can be made into rods, has killed people and is used in products like toothpaste and hand cream?" It's Radium. I wouldn't have known half of that. Certainly wouldn't have said Radium. We no longer stare in shock when he says things like this, everyone laughs in disbelief and knows that this is classic JoJo. At lunch today he was asking me about how some insects could walk on water, so we were explaining about surface tension. The wonderful thing about Joe is that you can explain anything to him and there is no need to dumb it down. He'll tell you if he doesn't understand, and it's not very common that he has to do that. He's a little sponge.

Joe was my first little nibling, I can't believe how grown up he is now. He will be 7 in July, and I just can't quite fathom it. He will always be my darling little baby JoJo who threw up on me from height on Boxing Day and used my chin to teethe.

I love you to the moon and back JoJo! I'm so proud to be Auntie to such a smart, clever and funny little boy, and love that I can still call you my favourite nephew! You lovely lovely boy you!

Stephie
xxx

P.S. There will be fewer 'darlings' now. I just can't help but use that word for my babies, they are just TOO darling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I go next?