Sunday 19 May 2013

Day 133 - Tropical Zoo


14th May 2013

We had a Tropical Zoo come to school today, it was a brilliant opportunity to take my camera in and get some fun photos of some of the animals as well as the creatures brought in for the Zoo, HAHA.

Of course, I cannot show you those photos, which is a shame because one of them is perhaps one of my favourite photos I've ever taken. But I have a couple that I can show you, yay!



There was a beautiful lovely lizard hanging out watching us the whole time, hinting at poking his tongue out the whole time, gazing longingly at our butterflies. Next to him on a different perch was a snake, a Boa Constrictor, who watched over us, slithering slowly and just hanging out, maxing, relaxing. We all had him around our necks and I would have been happy never to give him back, discovering that I really quite liked snakes and lizards, completely different reaction to one I had to spiders. Glack. I had to be the adult today, assuring uncertain kids that holding the tarantula would be ok, whilst being unspeakably glad that I had my camera to hide behind.


Fun day, even doing it twice over.

Stephie

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where shall I go next?